top of page



Descriptions from a 1926 magazine article.

The Architectural Style of the Church section is 13th Century Gothic, having a pointed roof. The Kirk House section is 15th century Gothic, having a flat roof. The tower is 72 feet high (approximately 5 stories tall). 

The brick, known as Airdale, came from Camden, South Carolina, and its color scheme is developed in two tones- a gray lavender and a soft red. 

The pew ends are carved in different designs, recalling the early days of the church when each member made his own pew, took it to church, and set it up himself.



The floor is concrete under cork tile from Wales, Great Britain. 



The baptismal font is of Caen stone. The octagon shape represents the tradition of infant baptism on the 8th day after birth in the Bible. 



All of the hardware is of hand-wrought iron. All trim and furniture is oak. All pine lumber, timber, and cypress for window frames was furnished by local mills. All reinforcing and structural steel and cast iron work was furnished by the Laurel Machine and Foundry Company.


The original offering plates were hand-carved from olive wood from the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem.

The pulpit was carved by a cousin of Anton Lang’s in the traditional napkin design; on top of it is a genuine old English Bible Box, which is surmounted by an easel brought over from the vicarage at Norbury (the same English church in which the stained glass windows were copied).


(above choir loft)

Sanctuary 9-10-11_edited.jpg

(left side)

(right side)

(above balcony)

Sanctuary 20-21-22.jpg
bottom of page